Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Return of the Independant wiper?

We were there...the time when all three kids could go to the bathroom by themselves. No more yelling "mom, wipe me" until the dreaded day came...missing the wipe completely and leaving heavy "tracks" in the SpongeBob underwear. No one likes that, but for a 4 year old it's devastating and puts you back months. So ever since that day I have been a potty slave. Every time he says he has to use the bathroom I secretly pray that it's only number 1. In my mind I'm chanting "come on buddy, just hold it in til dad gets home...only 6 more hours". And then it happened. Jack informed me of his travel plans to the bathroom and asked me (just as does every time) where I will be and would I be willing to come when he calls. He begins his journey and I go about my day. Time passes and there is no yelp. I head to the stairs and yell up, "Jack do you need help?". And I swear to you I heard the sounds of angels singing when he yelled down, "no I got it under control". Just as fast as the angels started in they stopped when in the same breath Jack said (while flushing the toilet), "but mom is this too much paper?" We'll get there someday!

1 comment:

  1. Chicken Soup for the Soul if I ever read one. Priceless. Sage just calls it like it is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete