Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tour of Prague

We decided to take a guided tour though Prague one day. For me and the girls (Jack was free) it cost 2400 crowns (about $120). That included a 6 hour tour, boat, tram with food and drink. We later found out the tour paid for the first drink and the rest was up to us. I personally think they changed that rule after they saw us approach with three kids.


The first picture is me trying to threaten the lives of my children. We were about to embark on a 6 hour tour and I was a single parent (Michael had to do that work thing). As you can see from the picture Gracie took my threats very seriously. 'm sure whatever bird she was staring at was very important.


At one of the stops of the tour we found a Prague police officer. Now I have a theory about the Prague police. I don't think the citizens hold them in high esteem or any esteem at all. The guy reluctantly took the picture and it was as if Jack was being taken into custody. We looked all over the city for a Prague police car and everyone we asked looked at us like we were crazy to want that. I should have tried bribes...


The tour was long and hot, but a great introduction to the city. Everything is walking distance away and it is as beautiful as everyone says. Finally we got to sit and take a boat tour. Jack called a "boys only table" and the girls called a "girls only table". I was not about to argue that. I was able to sit with my mom and sisters and actually hear what they say! That was a rare joy.


During the tour the group stopped at a jewelry store. The jewelry was beautiful, but I was determined not to buy anything. Upon returning from taking my third child to the bathroom (because each one did not have to go until I came back with a different one), my girls are wearing necklaces. Just as I am about to say no way, Molly and Gracie explain that they were just looking at the necklaces and the owner put them on them and told them to keep them! Sweet! and then I think...damn, now I gotta buy something! To the rescue Michelle and mom, they swooped in a bought an awesome ring and earrings!!!


By lunchtime (finally at 2:30) the kids were fried. They had been troupers but were ready to go back to the hotel to swim. So we let the others finish the tour and we headed back! Before I left I got directions from the guide, asked Britt and mom a couple directional questions and we were off. Now, I have to admit, I did not really pay attention during the tour. Really how could I? I was trying to prevent historical relics from being destroyed by one of Jack's temper outbursts!!!


As I am not directionally gifted we unintentionally took the scenic route back to the hotel. By the time I figured out where we were we were almost off the map I had in the opposite direction of where we should have been. It's sad when your 8 year old says, "mom, I remember that church, I know I can get us back" and a mom starts to have more confidence in their child then they have in their own skills!!!


When we return we swim for a while and then decide to dine at the restaurant. Since I have had such a torturous day, I splurge and get some good eats and excellent vino!!!































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment