Sunday, August 1, 2010

The cousins come to visit

We were lucky to have Olivia, Lolo, and Jimmy come for a 10 day visit this month. They were quite the troopers. It's not easy to be jet lagged, a teenager and being woken up by three kids screeching and running around after only 5 hours of sleep.
The first couple days we tried to get them around in the Volvo. Two of them picked the short straws and had to be crammed into the back of the Volvo (trunk...it's a cross country so it's not like I locked them in a "trunk"). I think the longest trip was 2 hours which more than likely felt like 6 to those in the back!!
We revisited Rothenburg and this time got to go in the "torture museum". The kids loved it and were fascinated at what used to be done to kids that didn't behave in school. I only wish they had a gift shop where I could have purchased some of the "gadgets" they had on display.
Her "dead face" cracks me up!

Gracie and Jack are modeling the position the prisoner had to take when in one of the devices above them. They were shackled by the neck, wrists and ankles. Gracie decided it would not have been very comfortable!


"The boys" at the Kathe Wolfhart shop. Michael had to work most of the time so Jimmy took the tough job of trying to keep Jack entertained.




"Now Jack, regardless of what you may believe, boys don't whine like little girls. My dad would have beat the $%^#$ out of me if I was acting this way"



Tell me Lolo (on the left) and Molly don't look like sisters....





No comments:

Post a Comment