Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter everyone!!! We have tried to make it our goal to do something new every weekend. So this weekend, God forgive me, we went to church here for the first time. We have had every intention of going every weekend, but the only church we can find is on base (20 minutes away). Lame excuse I know...so what sent us back to church??? 1. Molly said she forgot what the bread tastes like. 2. The kids started asking if we were ever going to go back to any church. 3. I had to look at the calendar to figure out when Easter was. That's just sad!

We went to church on base. The priest was pretty good. Definitely an army man. Jack plugged his ears almost the whole time and complained of how loud he was. Come to think of it I don't think he used a microphone. He was Army loud. They had the youngest alter boy I have ever seen in my life. I wish I had the camera. He was seriously about 4 or 5 and he knew exactly what he was doin'! They even let the kid light the candles in the beginning of mass!!

The first two pictures were taken before we went to mass. We threatened that if they didn't smile the Easter bunny was probably going to skip the house. Jack was not happy about that, but you see how well it worked with the girls!

Upon finding their baskets two of the three kids were thrilled. You can never make all three happy at the same time! Jack was upset because he didn't like the legos the Easter Bunny left. Unbeknownst to us he no longer plays with legos. As I type this very minute he is playing with legos.

A good Easter, but a little chilly. Tried to do a little yard work but the kids pooped out on us!!










1 comment: