Saturday, March 13, 2010

Willie Wonka got nothin' on Ritter...

We had no plan when we started off today. Got a VERY late start and decided to stay local not really knowing where that would be! We tried to go to Boblingen (seriously 10 minutes away) and suffered "my eyes hurt", "I'm hungry", "I'm tired", "she's touching me", "he's looking at me", "when are we going to be there", "where are we going", "I have to go to the bathroom", "he's looking at me again", "he hit me", "she started it"...UUUUUGGGGGG...so after getting to our destination and having no idea where we are going to get out and walk to, we decide to go home and get an address for the Ritter Sport Chocolate Museum.

The Ritter Sport Chocolate Museum was small but perfect for what we needed today. If we had the kids in the car any longer we would have dropped at least one off at the curb. The Museum showed how the family owned business makes the creamy delight. The kids got a kick out out of the little truck you see that drives around in a circle, picks up a piece of chocolate and drops it down to you. Now Michael brings up a good point...we get free chocolate, but we have to pay to pee out on the streets? What's up with that?

Next we had to visit the Ritter cafe...we heard they had beer and had to check that out!!! The girls got crossiants as big as their heads and hot chocolate with a little chocolate nugget in the bottom. Jack just laid on my lap and said his feet were hot and begged me to take his shoes off. I had to explain that it's really not all that polite to take shoes off in the restaurant, no one wants to smell feet while trying to enjoy spatzle, or a bretzel. MMMMMM, stinky feet and bretzels...
When we were checking out the kids of course got free chocolate from the cashier. Michael and I attempted to use as much German as we could so we too were "rewarded" with chocolate. That is the picture of Molly and I holding up our "rewards"...although she didn't do anything to get hers...not fair...:)

All in all a great day. The kids enjoyed it and we got a ton of chocolate that you can have if you just give us your favorite flavor :) We even have some that Ritter has not released to the rest of the world...it's soooo good!!

Switzerland next weekend we hope?!

Love to you all...
















































1 comment:

  1. Sage,

    Seriously, I am loving these posts!! It's so nice to be able to see pics of the kids and to know what you guys are up to. And your writing is hilarious! Tell the kids I said hi, and when they ask who I am, remind them that I'm your sister. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete