Thursday, March 11, 2010

The things that keep you sane...

As I wrote before Michael was gone this past weekend. Poor guy had to fly to the dessert for the weekend and work straight through. It's not a fun place to go, even still I was very upset that he did not bring "trinkets" back for us...:) However, the guy always ends up doing ok. On his way there he hit 3 continents...Europe, Africa and Asia, saw the pyramids from the air and even got to stop in Cairo for gas. Now I wonder, wasn't there some sort of gift shop or something in Cairo?? I'm sure that if he let the crew know that he needed to pick a little somethin' up for the light and love of his life, his reason for breathing they would have understood. :)
So the kids hung with me over the weekend. Molly had a friend spend the night Friday and Gracie spent the night with a friend that same night. I was not a fan of sleepovers before and let's just say this past weekend did not change my mind. :)
Molly is doing great in school. Keeping busy with anything that comes her way. Every time I suggest doing something new, she is right there ready and willing to try. If she could she would do something everyday after school. For now she is in German lessons and Irish Step dancing. I'm convinced that if I asked her if she wanted to try joining a group that cleans the sewer systems of Germany she would "give it a shot". God love her!!
Gracie is keeping us laughing and pulling our hair out. The girl has a very strong will. On our trip to Austria she wanted to stop at a store and buy a toy. We had already bought something and it was time to leave. She refused to leave. So I walked away and turned a corner. I peaked out and the that girl was standing her ground. I walked back to ask her what she would do if she got lost and she calmly said, "I would find the politzei" what if they don't speak english I asked, she said, "I'll find someone who does". All planned out..no big deal if you get lost in a foreign country...grrrr...but there will come a day I will be glad she is as strong willed as she is.
Jack is surviving German preschool. He told me he met a new friend at school who helps him with his coat everyday. I was so excited and asked him what his name was. Jack said, "Oh I dont' know, I just called him Johnny". Way to adapt Jack! So some poor little kid at school is now referred to as Johnny by Jack. I still have no clue what his name is.
I think we are hanging around here this weekend. Michael needs to catch up on some sleep so we're going to Herrenberg (next town over)...
Still looking for visitors....

No comments:

Post a Comment