Thursday, January 14, 2010

What I've learned this week...

1. Do NOT talk on the phone, eat, drink, chew gum or even think about anything else while trying to plug in your treadmill. I plugged it in directly to the wall instead of a transformer and without even turning it on...GONE...Damn! BIG spark, a good friend gone :(

2. Do not expect plows to come to neighborhood streets. People are anal about shoveling their sidewalks, but the roads are crap. Yesterday I got so tired of our street I started to shovel it myself.

3. Always drive with a GPS. Missed the exit to the base and tried to get out of the mess myself. Wasn't pretty...thank goodness for GPS!!

4. Always allow your child to put on his own shoes to expedite departure. However, keep in mind that he may be leaving your house with one boot and one light up tennis shoe in an effort to look more like a Pirate. (you probably didn't know pirates wear one boot and one shoe did ya?)

5. Don't expect your clothes from the States to fit here. They all tend to shrink as you travel through the time zones. I will however keep them for when I come home in 3 years, I'm sure it works going that way too.

More posts after the weekend...going to Strasbourg France

No comments:

Post a Comment