Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Things that wouldn't fly if dad was home...

So here it is...the first trip for Michael. He won't be gone too long and believe me he's not suffering where he is. It seems to me that my kids wait until he's gone to do the craziest stuff. I am trying to talk to my sister on the phone and I hear in the other room Jack's little voice saying, "oh yeah, dad is NOT going to like this". So of course being the attentive mother that I am I go in the other room to find Gracie painting Jack's nails pink with a smirk on her face. Knowing that dad would not approve. So we all agree that yes, dad would not approve.
They go about their day playing and might I add, being VERY GOOD. Hmmmm...so I give them the 30 minute warning for reading time to start. After 30 minutes I head up to the girls room with 2 books to read. I sit on the bed and wait for them to come over and then I see what you are looking at right now. I'll give you one guess who did it, and he was the only one with "tattoos" all over his face...God help him make it to dad's return date!


2 comments:

  1. boy does he look like you and Mike! The smile is all YOU, Sage. I've been reading about your adventures, and missing Belgium and Europe so much today. It is somewhat cool today, high 60's, very windy and going to rain (hurrican type storm for an hour) soon. I guess it's the only rain we really get all year, hmmm. But, with being gray out, and reading your blog, it has me missing it! It sounds like you are enjoying it over there, we loved it. Dwayne has been keeping an eye on orders over there and it looks like there are consistent orders in the Stuttgart (?) area. We still have 1.5 years here, but we are keeping an eye open for oppurtinties to get back:) Does Mike drive in to work, I thought you wrote you live about 30 minutes from Stuttgart? You'll have to tell me more about it because I wasn't too impressed with the area we drove through...once. Have you had a lot of snow where you are?
    Anyways, I hope you survive Mike being gone, or I hope that Jack survives! Cheers, Laura B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with "Kitty"! He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete